Rules & Requirements
This tournament has the following requirements:
- All players must be 18 or older by August 26, 2022
- Your game day roster must match the roster you used to register for the tournament
Teams & Scoring
- Number of teams: 6 B/C Teams: 6 D Teams
- Max number of players per team: 16
- Tournament will follow Buffalo Scoring
- Period win – 2 points
- Period tie – 1 point
- Game win – 2 points
- Game tie – 1 point
The DMV Women’s Hockey Mashup Tournament will bring together the community to kick-off the season and highlight the amazing opportunities in the area to play the sport we all love. Teams that ‘mashup’ players from across the region will be able to register at a discounted rate (e.g., the Lightning Wolves — a pond hockey team that combined the Washington Wolves and Chesapeake Bay Lightning— would qualify for a discount).
- To qualify for the discounted registration rate, a ‘mashup’ team can not contain more than 50% of any single rostered Mid-Atlantic Women’s Hockey League (MAWHL) team*.
- You can register as a team or as a free agent/individual. Players that register as a free agent/individual will be placed on teams based on playing experience. *We’re only accepting D Level Free Agents at this time
- Team Captains, If you’re looking for extra players, please reach out to Colleen at P.Colleen.Doyle@gmail.com.
- No crossover players. Please play in a division aligned with your skill. Please reach out if you have any questions about where you should play.
- A minimum of three (3) games guaranteed, plus playoffs—if eligible.
- Final roster information must be submitted by no later than August 19, 2022.
- Games will begin at 6 PM on Friday, August 26, 2022. All teams must be prepared to play at that time.
- There is no admission fee for spectators.
- Cancellation Policy – Refunds of registration fees for cancellations will only be made if the sponsors can backfill the team position in the tournament. The sponsor reserves the right to use financial incentives to fill the void left by cancellations.
Tournament Event Schedule (2022 TBD – Below is from 2021)
- Friday 6 PM – Tournament games begin
- Saturday 4-6 PM – DMV Women’s Hockey Tailgate: Come see all the opportunities for women’s hockey in the DMV!
- Saturday 8:30 PM – The Greatest Battle of Mall Times: 80s vs 90s All-Star Game: Come out to watch elite women hockey players battle it out in the first annual DMV Women’s Hockey All-Star Game!
- Sunday 9-10:30 AM – Give Hockey a Try Day: Hop on the ice and give hockey a try—no experience or equipment necessary. Registration is currently closed.
- Sunday 10:30-11:40 AM – Championship Game D Division
- Sunday 11:50 AM-1 PM – Championship Game B/C Division
DMV Women’s Hockey Tailgate (Final Details Announced Soon!)
As part of the tournament, we are holding a DMV Women’s Hockey Tailgate to showcase all the amazing opportunities that exist for women’s hockey players in the area. The DMV Women’s Hockey Tailgate will take place on Saturday, August 27 from 4-6 PM in the parking lot of The Gardens Ice House by the Logsdon entrance.
The tailgate is an excellent opportunity to meet women’s hockey players from around the DMV, recruit players for the upcoming season and get the word out about your product.
Hey Sponsors! There will be 100+ women’s hockey players in attendance tournament weekend. You can reserve a designated parking space and set up a table with information, swag, a fun game (Super Deker contest, anyone?), and drinks! Please let us know if you’d like to reserve a spot and the best point of contact. Email: Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org with DMV Women’s Hockey Tournament Sponsor in the subject line.
Give Hockey a Try Day (Final Details Announced Soon!)
Want the chance to live out all your Mighty Ducks dreams? Now you can.
On tournament Sunday, August 28 from 9 to 10:30 AM, DMV Women’s Hockey will be hosting a Give Hockey a Try Day at The Gardens Ice House for women in the area interested in hockey. We would love to see you there and would greatly appreciate your help spreading the word to family and friends.
No experience necessary! All gear will be provided and skate rental is included in the registration cost. The one-hour on-ice session will be run by former National Women’s Hockey League players. Ages 18+. Registration is now closed.
Event Fees (Announced Soon)
- Regular Tournament fee: $ per team, $ per individual/free agent
- Discounted fee for a ‘mashup’ team: $ per team (*see Tournament Details above)
- Give Hockey a Try Day: $ per person
- To avoid a surcharge, pay via check
- Make check payable to StatMonsters, LLC
- Mail payment to: StatMonsters, LLC, 4656 Huntley Drive, Ellicott City, MD 21043
We also accept credit card payments via Pay Pal’s secure payment gateway (Note: a 3.49% surcharge is added).