Rules & Requirements
This event is now complete.
This tournament has the following requirements:
- All players must be 18 or older by August 26, 2022 and be a registered member of USA Hockey.
- Your game day roster must match the roster you used to register for the tournament
Teams & Scoring
- Number of teams: 6 B/C Teams: 6 D Teams
- Tournament will follow Buffalo Scoring
- Period win – 2 points
- Period tie – 1 point
- Game win – 3 points
- Game tie – 1 point
The DMV Women’s Hockey Mashup Tournament is back! Join DMV Women’s Hockey August 26-28, 2022 at the Gardens Ice House for our second annual tournament. The tournament weekend will be packed with a tailgate, All-Star game, and our third Give Hockey a Try Day. This year we are hoping to expand to six B/C-level mashup teams and six D-level mashup teams. We are also introducing a new tournament format to truly embrace the mashup spirit:
- Teams register in squads of 6-8 players for $750
- DMV Women’s Hockey will pair each team with another 6-8 person squad to create a mashup team (e.g., six Osprey players + 7 Renegades players create the Osgades)
- Individuals can register as free agents for $100
- Goalies can register as Free Agents for $50 and will be assigned a team
- Registration is currently closed
- No crossover players. Please play in a division aligned with your skill. Please reach out if you have any questions about where you should play.
- A minimum of three (3) games guaranteed, plus playoffs—if eligible
- Final roster information must be submitted by no later than August 1, 2022
- There is no admission fee for spectators
- Cancellation Policy – Refunds of registration fees for cancellations will only be made if the sponsors can backfill the team position in the tournament
- The tournament will follow The Gardens Ice House protocols for COVID-19 safety. Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear masks inside the rink. Vaccinated individuals can go maskless.
Tournament Event Schedule
DMV Women’s Hockey Tailgate
As part of the tournament, we are holding a DMV Women’s Hockey Tailgate to showcase all the amazing opportunities that exist for women’s hockey players in the area. The DMV Women’s Hockey Tailgate will take place on Saturday, August 27 from 3:30 – 6 PM in the parking lot of The Gardens Ice House by the Logsdon entrance.
The tailgate is an excellent opportunity to meet women’s hockey players from around the DMV, recruit players for the upcoming season and get the word out about your product.
Hey Sponsors! There will be 100+ women’s hockey players in attendance tournament weekend. You can reserve a designated parking space and set up a table with information, swag, a fun game (Super Deker contest, anyone?), and drinks! Please let us know if you’d like to reserve a spot and the best point of contact. Email: Jackie at email@example.com with DMV Women’s Hockey Tournament Sponsor in the subject line.
Give Hockey a Try Day
Want the chance to live out all your Mighty Ducks dreams? Now you can.
On tournament Sunday, August 28 at 1:40 PM, DMV Women’s Hockey will be hosting a Give Hockey a Try Day at The Gardens Ice House for women in the area interested in hockey. We would love to see you there and would greatly appreciate your help spreading the word to family and friends.
No experience necessary! All gear will be provided and skate rental is included in the registration cost. The one-hour on-ice session will be run by former National Women’s Hockey League players. Ages 18+.
- Regular Tournament fee: $750 per team, $50 per goalie, $100 per individual/free agent
- Give Hockey a Try Day: $10 per person
- To avoid a surcharge, pay via check
- Make check payable to DMV Women’s Hockey
- Mail payment to: DMV Women’s Hockey, 2244 12th Place NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Or pay through PayPal* @DMVWomensHockey
*Note: a 3.49% + $0.50 PayPal surcharge will be added.
All payments are final and non-refundable.
|Event Fee (via Check)||Event Fee (via PayPal)|
|Team (B/C or D)||$750||$777|